The School Improvement Team is responsible for ensuring the Local Authority (LA) meets its statutory duties relating to:
• schools causing concern (SCC);
• statutory assessment including phonics check monitoring visits and moderation of EYFSP, end of KS1, KS2 teacher assessments; and,
• acting as the Appropriate Body for the NQT induction process.
In addition to this, the core function of the School Standards and Effectiveness Advisers (SSEAs), External Associate Advisers and Intervention Officers will be to support those LA schools identified as having specific risk factors such as:
• Ofsted judgement of requires improvement, serious weaknesses or special measures;
• schools on the LA SCC Protocol;
• schools expecting an imminent Ofsted inspection; and,
• schools where the LA has identified an element of risk e.g. progress data, attendance, leadership, significant staffing changes etc.
• Additionally, schools with a recently appointed Headteacher will also be offered mentoring / leadership support.
There will be no charge for schools receiving support through the above criteria and support will be differentiated according to need.
Support for all other schools may be purchased where capacity allows. Examples of support and training are contained within the “School Improvement Team Support for Schools” brochure and may include:
• Pupil Performance Review;
• Review of the School Improvement Plan;
• Evaluation of the school’s Self Evaluation Summary;
• Reviews of teaching (lesson observations, book scrutinies, data reviews);
• Review of assessment and tracking processes;
• Support for key appointments other than head teacher;
• Pre- and post- Ofsted health check;
• Headteacher Performance Management;
• ASP Review;
• Primary English and/or Mathematics support;
• EYFSP support;
• Secondary English support;
• NQT Induction and support;
• Review of School Website (Ofsted Compliant);
• Programmes tailored to the school’s needs and agreed with the Headteacher.;
• Facilitation/CPD for school clusters;
• Staff training sessions (in-school or Centre based).
Free School Meals
The Free School Meals Team provides a highly effective and efficient service for the administration of Free School Meals (FSM). Parents/Carers are now able to take up their right to Free School Meals by telephone call and get an immediate decision. If a pupil is entitled to received a Free School Meal the School is notified of this by email the same day or the following morning.
The Team undertakes automatic annual and monthly audit validations on current claims using the Eligibility Checking Service (ECS) to identify any pupils that may no longer be entitled to Free School Meals. The team automatically notifies the parent and the School accordingly.
The team also undertakes additional checks for schools to ensure the maximum number of pupils eligible for Free School Meals ( and the pupil premium) are identified.
Inclusion Support Service
The Inclusion Service provides teaching and advisory support for pupils who require additional or different learning approaches in order to make progress. It supports schools in the development of their Quality First Offer to all pupils and the design and implementation of SEN Support Plans. The service also guides schools in the development of their effective offer for pupils with SEND and the efficient management of provision.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.