The School Improvement Team is responsible for ensuring the Local Authority (LA) meets its statutory duties relating to:
• schools causing concern (SCC);
• statutory assessment including phonics check monitoring visits and moderation of EYFSP, end of KS1, KS2 teacher assessments; and,
• acting as the Appropriate Body for the NQT induction process.
In addition to this, the core function of the School Standards and Effectiveness Advisers (SSEAs), External Associate Advisers and Intervention Officers will be to support those LA schools identified as having specific risk factors such as:
• Ofsted judgement of requires improvement, serious weaknesses or special measures;
• schools on the LA SCC Protocol;
• schools expecting an imminent Ofsted inspection; and,
• schools where the LA has identified an element of risk e.g. progress data, attendance, leadership, significant staffing changes etc.
• Additionally, schools with a recently appointed Headteacher will also be offered mentoring / leadership support.
There will be no charge for schools receiving support through the above criteria and support will be differentiated according to need.
Support for all other schools may be purchased where capacity allows. Examples of support and training are contained within the “School Improvement Team Support for Schools” brochure available to download and may include:
• school visits tailored to the needs and priorities of the school
• facilitation/CPD for school clusters
• ASP Review
• Primary English and/or Mathematics support
• EYFSP support
• Secondary English support
• Support for key appointments other than head teacher
• Headteacher Performance Management
• NQT Induction and support
• Staff training sessions (in-school or Centre based)
• Pre and Post-Ofsted health check
• Review of School Website (Ofsted Compliant)
• Review of the School Improvement Plan
• Evaluation of the schools Self-Evaluation Summary; and
• Review of teaching and learning e.g. lesson observations, book scrutiny, assessment data
Corporate Personnel Services provides a comprehensive Personnel service to Sefton Council covering all aspects of Personnel, including Employment Law. The Team offers the same service to all schools. There is currently an SLA in place which runs to April 2015.
Governor Services (Maintained Schools)
For all your governor training needs!
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.