The School Improvement Team is responsible for ensuring the Local Authority (LA) meets its statutory duties relating to:
• schools causing concern (SCC);
• statutory assessment including phonics check monitoring visits and moderation of EYFSP, end of KS1 and KS2 teacher assessments; and,
• acting as the Appropriate Body for the NQT induction process.
In addition to this, the core function of the School Standards and Effectiveness Advisers (SSEAs), External Associate Advisers and Intervention Officers will be to support those LA schools identified as having specific risk factors such as:
• Ofsted judgement of requires improvement, serious weaknesses or special measures;
• schools on the LA SCC Protocol;
• schools expecting an imminent Ofsted inspection; and,
• schools where the LA has identified an element of risk e.g. progress data, attendance, leadership, significant staffing changes etc.
• Additionally, schools with a recently appointed Headteacher will also be offered mentoring / leadership support.
There will be no charge for schools receiving support through the above criteria and support will be differentiated according to need.
Additional support for all other schools may be purchased where capacity allows. Examples of support and training are contained within the “School Improvement Team Support for Schools” brochure available to download and may include:
• school visits tailored to the needs and priorities of the school
• facilitation/CPD for school clusters
Schools not wishing to enter into a Service Level Agreement for support have the option to pay for individual sessions on a ‘Pay As You Go’ basis (contact Sue Pooley, Administrator).
The SLA price reflects a 10% cost reduction on the equivalent number of days if purchased under the PAYG option.