The School Improvement Team is responsible for ensuring the Local Authority (LA) meets its statutory duties relating to:
• schools causing concern (SCC);
• statutory assessment including phonics check monitoring visits and moderation of EYFSP, end of KS1, KS2 teacher assessments;
• acting as the Appropriate Body for the NQT induction process
• setting term dates.
In addition to this, the core function of the Team will be to support those LA schools identified as having specific risk factors such as:
• Ofsted judgement of requires improvement, serious weaknesses or special measures;
• schools on the LA SCC Protocol;
• schools expecting an imminent Ofsted inspection; and,
• schools where the LA has identified an element of risk e.g. progress data, attendance, leadership, significant staffing changes etc.
There will be no charge for schools receiving support through the above criteria and support will be differentiated according to need.
Support for all other schools may be purchased where capacity allows and may include:
• Reviews of teaching (lesson observations, book scrutinies, data reviews);
• Review of assessment and tracking processes;
• Headteacher Performance Management;
• Primary English and/or Mathematics support;
• EYFSP support;
• NQT Induction and support;
• Review of School Website (Ofsted Compliant);
• Facilitation/CPD for school clusters;
• Staff training sessions (in-school or Centre based).
Admission and Exclusion Appeals Clerking
Schools who buy back the Local Authority Traded Services will retain overall statutory responsibility, whilst benefiting from the Local Authority Democratic Services Team’s expertise in undertaking all administrative work for this mandatory processing and legal compliance work on behalf of the Governing Body of the school concerned.
You can browse our services below and
when you are ready to buy, simply login.