To provide an introduction to Mental Health and the importance of supporting the workforce. Attendees must also commit to attend the 2 day Mental Health First Aider training which will be run by Ainsdale Corporate Learning Centre
This course will be an introduction to rolling out, as good practice, a mental health champion within every childcare setting. The first session will cover the roles and responsibilities of the Mental Health Champion.
- Ensuring that the recommendations within the Early Years Inspection Framework 2019 grade descriptions for Outstanding within Leadership and Management are promoted;
- Highly effective and meaningful engagement takes place with staff at all levels and that any issues are identified. When issues are identified – in particular, about workload – they are consistently dealt with appropriately and quickly.
- Staff consistently report high levels of support for well-being issues.
- Supporting staffs’ well-being will benefit the children and the setting by reducing sickness levels and promoting the importance of supporting staff to benefit the children.
- To promote the setting up of a Mental Health Champion forum for leaders within settings.
- To raise the profile of the pressures of the early years workforce
- Support the workforce in promoting staff well-being.
All Staff attending training must sign the register as it is evidence of attendance. If a candidate does not sign the register then they could be recorded as not attending and receive a non-attendance charge. Should a staff member arrive at a training course without booking on through our online training system www.seftoneducation.uk that staff member could be refused access to the training course and turned away. Cancellations are accepted providing they are received no later than three working days prior to the course date. For example, if your course is on a Friday, you must cancel before Wednesday of that week. All cancellations must be made through the on-line training system www.seftoneducation.uk Cancellations made without giving three working days’ notice before the commencement of the course or for non-attendance to the training event, or any part of it will incur a £30 cancellation charge
Leaders or Managers who will take on the role as the Mental Health Champion within their setting. .